So I posted about this tacked onto another thread asking questions about introducing new hens to the flock, but this is a chick only question so I thought I would ask it here. Our local feed store has some chicks right now. We are looking to get two new chicks to add to our flock of three. We were thinking of getting an americana for those beautiful eggs and then either a maran, a frizzle cochin, or a rhode island red. They have the later 3 right now but wont get in any americanas till next week. Would it be ok to get one now and another a week later? We heard its best to raise new chicks at least with one companion but we worry if we don't get one of the breeds they have now, by the time the americanas come in there will be none left. Its a silly worry but we would really like those particular breeds. Will a week alone be traumatizing? Should we just wait and get them together?