New chicks, mixed assortment (unknown breeds) -Updated pictures 6-7 weeks old (seeing red!)

EHook518

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2012
Denver, CO
I am adopting some of the chicks we hatched in my classroom. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't pick out all roosters. I have been looking for any post that might help me find out what some of them are. The eggs were all different colors: blue, pink, brown. I want to keep the yellow one in this picture:

The other ones I am looking at keeping are the chipmunk one, the small black one next to it and the black one next to that one. The small one came out of a greenish egg and was the last to hatch (on my birthday and at my house so I am attached!) but I am not sure of the others since they hatched when they were at school.

Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated. I am new here and new to owning chicken, and very excited!

Thanks!

Last edited:
The chicks are home. I had a hard time deciding so I took six (funny how it went from 3 to 6!). Any guesses on what the first two are? They came from a different classroom but from the same farm. I am also not sure about Olive, the other black chick has greenish legs and came out of a colored egg) I might be jinxing myself by giving them all girl names but I hope they are! They are one week old today. Any guess on the sex? I know it is SUPER early but there are some smart people here!
Willow:

Eloise:

Matilda: (older picture is above)

Carmen: (view of chipmunk pattern in above photos)

Olive:

Weeble:

I like your names! Carmen looks like my Easter Egger chicks...especially if she came from a blue/green egg. I am new to chickens so I can't help with the rest but they are cute :)

Anyone have any ideas about Eloise and Willow? None of the others have yellow legs or white feathers like these two.

The chicks are 3 weeks old now. I was on vacation for a week and my mom so kindly took care of them. I can't believe how much they have changed. Anyone think I should be concerned about Carmen being a roo?
Carmen:

Eloise:

Matilda:

Olive:

Weeble: (I was shocked to see white!)

Willow:

The chicks are 3 weeks old now. I was on vacation for a week and my mom so kindly took care of them. I can't believe how much they have changed. Anyone think I should be concerned about Carmen being a roo?
f

Yes, be concerned
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom