new chicks new coop wont go ??????

bonniehen

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 5, 2012
chelsea MI
helo brand new chicken mama here

20 new birds 4-6 weeks love the coup during the day love the yard during the day go down after dark to close big doors and their all huddled in the corner of the yard and opposite the door in???? pick them up put them through the door and they go in eat drink and lay down under the lamp but cant seem to get there by themselves.

all help thanks in advance

Not sure if this will work for you but it sure does with mine. I use a flashlight. Yes a flashlight, I shine it on the ground and anywhere i move the light they will follow! So that might be a way of getting them back in. I went out two nights ago to their coop. It was totally dark and shined my flashlight inside. They were all huddled together next to the door. I moved the light to their food and right away they followed it and started eating. Then I moved the light to their water and guess what? They then went to the waterer and started drinking. So, finally I shined the light on their roosts and yes, they jumped up upon the roosts! LOL I just found this odd but very interesting.

Not sure if this will work for you but it sure does with mine. I use a flashlight. Yes a flashlight, I shine it on the ground and anywhere i move the light they will follow! So that might be a way of getting them back in. I went out two nights ago to their coop. It was totally dark and shined my flashlight inside. They were all huddled together next to the door. I moved the light to their food and right away they followed it and started eating. Then I moved the light to their water and guess what? They then went to the waterer and started drinking. So, finally I shined the light on their roosts and yes, they jumped up upon the roosts! LOL I just found this odd but very interesting.
I that is something I have never heard of before. Like to try it with mine, but the older ones just look around when I shine a flash light in on them and the youngsters are still under the heat light.

Back
Top Bottom