new chicks, no clue what breed!

ok i took new pics hopefully these are better!!!

i'm thinking the 2 darks are RIR and the light one NH or like some have suggested 1RIR,1NH,1EE
notice the blk one on the left has a single, light colored comb..BR
58051_013.jpg

the 2 yellow\\white
58051_020.jpg

the coloring on the yellow\\white feet confuse me, both yellow chicks are the same
58051_015.jpg

the blk one here has the pea comb or rose comb...it is definitely different than the one in the top pic
58051_025.jpg

If I had a clue I'd help, but I'm a newby with breed questions of my own. Mine are 8 weeks and I STILL can't figure a few of them out! They are so cute and fuzzy, I wish mine were a little younger when I got them so I could have experienced all those precious little peeps!

i can't stand not knowing!!!! these are my second set of chicks and i want to know everything i can about the breeds i have so i can be prepared for something that may come up. right now thay're so funny...they look like mice trying to scurry away sometimes...

Red ones - RIR

Black with white dots on head - Barred Rocks

Brown/Red with chipmunk stripes - possibly RIR, but I'd think EE

My guess's are based on my having babies that looked just like them.

Good luck with them, they are soooo cute!!

Oh and the yellow fluffies I'd say BO, but one pick looks like they are on the white side in the light so maybe Delaware??

Last edited:
the chimpmunk striped is alot bigger then the other reds...the yellow is mainly confined to their head and the rest is mostly white..does the coloring on the feet matter?

You asked me about my BOs when they were chicks. Mine didn't have dark feet and legs like that. But, coming from a chicken newbie..... they might still turn out to be BOs. Sorry I am of no other help. I hope you find out soon! I know not knowing would kill me too!

Yes an EE can be yellow/white but it isnt a BO they are buff colored as chicks. I think it is a leghorn or EE or some other white breed like White rock or Rhode Island White

Back
Top Bottom