New chicks today - Meyer's Brown egg layer assortment

ben&momschicks

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 11, 2008
DSCI0314-1.jpg

These are my new chicks. I was really worried, as they had been shipped Tuesday and I didn't think it would take three days to get here. Everyone was fine. I heard their peeping as soon as I walk through the post office door.
What a happy day!

Congrats. on your new babies and welcome to BYC.

I have been wanting to order the brown egg layer assortment for a while now, but have been afraid that I would end up with a bunch of naked necks, so I haven't done so yet. I know that alot of people like the naked necks, but I really do not like them at all.

I am glad that all arrived safely.

Dorothy

Thanks for the welcome. We didn't get any naked necks. My 13 year old son, the one who has begged for chickens for five years, thinks they are cute. I could tolerate them and would probably soon love them. They're just not something I would order on purpose.

Cute chicks, I ordered that exact same order from Meyer and mine are being shipped on 27th. Do you know what breeds you got? I am so excited!

Momma's Chickens, I'm not completely sure. I see some silver laced wyandottes, some buffs that I hope are orps, maybe some black sex links, some barred rocks and some yellow ones with dark highlights I'm not sure about. When they get a little bigger, I'll know.

ben&momschicks :

Thanks for the welcome. We didn't get any naked necks. My 13 year old son, the one who has begged for chickens for five years, thinks they are cute. I could tolerate them and would probably soon love them. They're just not something I would order on purpose.

Oh you are missing out on the best comedy out there. Our turken, Pot Pie, is a buff colored bird with a pink neck and big black eyes. She all of 10 ounces in weight and lays a perfect egg every single day. She is a juvenile delinquent and the funniest thing on this planet to watch. We have 8 week old chicks that are the same size as her.

Turken.jpg

She is quickly turning in to our favorite. She has the greatest disposition, even when she is on the nest to lay. Very friendly and a bully to the hens that are 3 times her size.​

Pot Pie is precious. Maybe I will have to look into getting a couple of naked necks next year. I wonder if their necks get cold.

Karen

Our first hatchery order was the Pullet Pack from Meyers. It was great and we
still have some of them and even have some of their kids.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom