new chicks

gallina man

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
just got six new chicks ten days old i also have six rsl about just under 1 year old . the chicks are bannties also was given the mother hen with the chicks.i have a few questions. when can i put them outside .just done another coop and the run will be done in the next few days i live in spain so it is hot at night aswell as during the day at night it stays in the eighties easy so not worried about the cold.i have them in quarintine 30 days will it be okay to put them in new run and coop when its done the coops are about 50 or 60 feet apart the rsl freerange about the garden all day so i am sure they will be near the new coop will this be ok
or do i keep in my rsl too i will post pics soon as i get them today

Our Silkie bantam hen just hatched out six chicks on Thursday. All seems well. They are very active and eating and drinking. Mom is giving out new clucking noises that bring the group scurring to see what she is eating, scratching, etc.
How long before they can go outside for a bit in their outside run? I have a inside run in our garage where they stay overnight and during bad weather. Now that our hen house has increased by 5 it will take a bit more work to move them but we will feel better knowing they are protected during the night and bad weather. We live in a very tight subdivision.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom