new chicks

well I think my little one is a roo, learned how to sex them,
and I think it is a roo, a RIR it is a cute little bugger, but a rooster,
so anyway that one will probably end up dinner later.
ck the butt and yep and the feathers are all one length, and very short and he carries himself different than the others more barreled chest and little,
so far he is very tame,don't know if that will change,
the other rooster we had was very mean, and drew blood every time we put our hands in so we had to wear gloves,
he is going on two weeks old, the other RIR is a hen she same age and has feathered out and grown, and the barred rock has also grown, same age,
the welsummer hens are going on three weeks old this week,so they are bigger,
so far I think I have only one roo out of the five, so I'll have four hens to go with my three big chickens that are still laying eggs.
that will be a good number, that is why I got more this time,

my little chick is probably a roo, coastal farm and ranch said to give it two more weeks and then I should be able to tell for sure and then I can find a home for him
they said they get people all the time that come in and want roosters so I would be able to find a home before I have to deal with a rooster.
the little one also is smaller than the rest, and gets mowed over by the others,
I have to pick him or her back up and then he or she is on its way to eating and drinking.
so we will see

Back
Top Bottom