New Coop ***#2 this Month!*** ALL DONE pics Pg 3

WOW! You can't be serious about the $1500, can you?
th.gif
Its very nice, but we have built a 8'x11' coop, another small coop (don't know measurements exactly), a dog house and run, and a nice big treehouse this past 7 months and all of those total haven't costed $1500!!! We've used a lot of pallet lumber, but still... Hopefully part of that price is what your DH is making off of it for building it.
smile.png

folks, she said her husband is building it for someone else (for hire).

You don't expect the poor guy to work for nothing do you? He is trying to support a family here.

No, the materials didn't cost that much, but when you hire someone and factor in labor, materials, gas, etc, it adds up real quick,

If you think that is a lot, be thankful that you are handy and can do it yourself. Some folks can not. But then again, I am sure I couldn't go out and do their job either, and we can't do everything ourselves anymore, although I think I have tried, and failed miserably.

Have a great day in BYC land everyone!

Hi Sorry,
No its a job he's doing for someone. They are paying him for 3 days work doing this. Supplies, and a driving charge are factored in. Its about an hour drive to where he is working. No I would never spend that kind of money on a coop we were building for us. Ours cost $90+ with scraps.

Honestly, if they bought a shed or similar size put together by Lowes' or Home Depot they were looking at $1600 anyways... they would have had to add a pop-up door...roosts...nesting box.... they didn't have that kind of time. Plus it was a last minute project as its a birthday gift and the birthday is this saturday so it needed to be done by then.

Either way, I just wanted to show how good he's been doing. He has someone else interested in a custom coop as well. We'll talk to them about it after he takes a day off from working on this one.

I'm just proud of him and wanted to show him off.
big_smile.png

Don't be surprised that just materials for a small coop costs $1,500 to build. I can verify that a 4' wide- x 8' long- x 8' high-coop with exterior siding, interior paneling, insulation, windows, nest boxes, roosts, etc. can easily cost $1,500 in just materials. That does not include gas for many trips to Home Depot either. That's also saying nothing about time/labor.

Last edited:
Isn't that always the way, hubby will build something for someone else and you are at the bottom of the list, just like a plumbers wife, has to wait til "slow time" to get her toilet fixed!!
barnie.gif

P.S. Tell hubby Great job

Last edited:
Nah... not my man, he built mine first!
lol.png

He's bound and determined to finish it today, because he's planned his entire day tomorrow around our daughter. He's going to take her to the park and then build her playhouse that came while she's napping. He's also stopped at walmart and picked up the tinkerbell movie for her to watch with him. I love this man!
big_smile.png

I want the Tinker Bell Movie
hmm.png
but my husband says IM to old and my daughters are grown. I told him I wanted it to watch with my grand daughter even tho she is only 1 and lives 500 miles away !!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom