New Coop almost ready for habitation: suggestions?

BanjosLaughter

Chirping
Apr 24, 2019
Central Ohio
Good morning folks;

I am putting the finishing touches on a new coop. I have 5 girls and am going from a coop which is about 9 square feet to the coop I built which is 36 square feet. Nothing is going to be the same in the new coop (since the previous coop is a piece of junk prefab from Tractor supply) and I am little concerned about the transition. Does anyone have suggestions to make the transition easier on the girls? Should I let them explore the new one for a few days before taking the old one away. Should I just lock them in the new coop for a few days like I did when they went from their brooder to their coop? Any suggestions are welcomed!

Yep.
Do you have a run too?

We do have a run, but mostly free range our girls. And I am considering taking the run out altogether since they are rarely in there. We don't have a lot of issues with day predators; and our German Shepherd is vigilant on border (we have a 6 foot fence) patrol.

And I am considering taking the run out altogether since they are rarely in there.
I would not take it down...good to have at time like this when it would be good to confine them.
Got pics of your coop and run?

Oh, and.....Welcome to BYC!
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, (laptop version shown), then it's always there!
upload_2019-9-9_12-19-33.png

Back
Top Bottom