new coop and chickens

Tman2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Corcoran, MN
Found this site and thought I'd share. Took me 5 years to finally get chickens.

I own a business building backyard sheds, and got this old barn from a lady that wanted a bigger one. It was originally built by my company, and was in great condition inside. I added a window in back, and a little coop door.
27697_img_4494.jpg

I added the 4 nest boxes on each side, and a new door. We can just lift up the lid to get at the eggs. The kids wanted to paint them so we let them have at it.
27697_img_4478.jpg

I purchased some year old chickens after vigilantly checking Craigslist and brought them to their new home; 2 buff's, and 2 wyandotte's.
27697_img_4517.jpg

4 hens + 24 hours = 2 eggs
27697_img_4520.jpg

My daughter now considers herself a farmgirl!
27697_img_4492.jpg

My daughter thought up the idea for the star. She now call our place Big Star Ranch. I have more people who want eggs that these four will give me. I can see how it's easy to get more chickens. A new coop would be a VERY fun project, and easy for me.
big_smile.png

Quote:
In the words of a teenager- meh. She hides her interest in this chicken thing!

I can tell you that to make it a more symetrical, we printed something off the computer, then traced it. I then took the skill saw and cut it out. I attached a piece of plexi-glass to the inside of the door to finish it off. Most would probably use a jig saw, but I'm very comfortable with the skilsaw.

Back
Top Bottom