New coop and run finished

The Bald Chicken Farmer

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 25, 2009
Farr West, UT
Hi I'm new to this whole chicken thing. I've wanted to do it for years finally got the wife to agree. I just finished the coop and run. I live in a subdivision with 1/3 acre lots so I can't let them free range. I built the run 10x10 and the coop is 4x6. The run is covered in chicken wire all the way around and on top, and then 16 guage welded wire around the the bottom four feet high. I built the auto waterer I found on this site, and the feeder I kind of came up with myself. I hope it will hold 50 lbs. of feed. The coop floor is half wood and half 1/4 inch hardware cloth. There are two roosts made of 2x4's laying flat over the hardware cloth so the dropings will fall through to be raked out from underneath. The nest box is on the back and can be opened from outside. The front is all open and covered with hardware cloth. I would like any suggestions on things to change or add, sounds like there are alot of knowledgeable people on this site.
29292_006.jpg
29292_007.jpg
29292_008.jpg
29292_009.jpg
29292_010.jpg
29292_011.jpg

Nice job on the coop and run! I like the watering system. Does that gather rain and feed it down to the run? Or is it something that you fill with water? Either way, it is a great idea. How many chickens are you going to have?
welcome-byc.gif
from Cape Cod, MA.
thumbsup.gif

That is so cute! Very nice. Seems you thought of everything. When DH and I built ours it was with leftover everything and we kept improving on our ideas for predators proofing etc. ...the end result is a mismatched looking outfit. I'm jealous.

Back
Top Bottom