New Coop Construction Underway!

moniquem

Crowing
10 Years
Feb 3, 2013
washington
Tore down my 12X15 shed, cleared the ground (sort of) and have the grid outlined for my 4X4' coop!

Recently installed that wonderful vinyl privacy fence, have installed an electrical outlet near the coop location and also have a raspberry patch that grows just to the left of coop there for summer shade. The 8' run will extend all the way to the right of the coop.

Don't have the baby chicks yet, couple more weeks for that, but the weather is so mice right now..:wee

29101674_1837424369601719_8131114544417210368_o.jpg

I live in city limits and can only have 3 chickens, technically, but I'm getting 4. If I keep the coop small it will force me NOT to fall victim to the "chicken math" issue :hmm.

I am keeping chickens as pets, eggs are not really a priority but with 3 in our household we should get enough.

I will also be building this myself and have never built anything in my life so I wanted to keep things simple and attainable for me. If I stick to a 4X4, totally doable.

Oooo, that's a nice change of view, eh!

Yep. That little bush to the left is a lilac bush that smells great in the springtime too. The white vinyl fence makes the yard look totally different. Its pretty tall too so chickens wont be able to fly over it, hopefully. Eventually I can let the chickens free range in the yard as its all enclosed.

My plan is a mixed flock 1 each BA, SS, BR and a couple EE's. I hate to say this but if all chicks make it I am gifting one to my neighbor. She's had one hen, a really nice BR for about a year. I feel for her all by herself....

I live in city limits and can only have 3 chickens, technically, but I'm getting 4. If I keep the coop small it will force me NOT to fall victim to the "chicken math" issue :hmm.

My plan is a mixed flock 1 each BA, SS, BR and a couple EE's.

it sounds like you already have a chicken math problem! :lau

better add a few sq ft!

I missed it, you must have decided against using the shed?
Yay for a new coop build! :clapExciting.

Back
Top Bottom