New coop finished-pics

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Viper44m, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Viper44m

Viper44m Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2009
    My granddaughter's little black cochin was being picked by the other hens, so we decided to build her a tractor/coop of her own. It was finished today, about 6 days too late... a racoon killed the hen last Saturday, :eek:( .....we don't like racoons around here!!!....
    But at least, the other hens will like the new coop. It's build like Fort Knox.. NOTHING will get into it!

The coop is a combination of a bunch of coops posted online. Keep in mind, I am in no way a carpenter. Things are a little crooked here and there, but it's sound.
    I did decide one thing while building it, Florida can be crazy hot in September!! especially when you're trying to build a chicken coop.

Here's pics of the finished coop;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nancy

2. viktoriacl

viktoriacl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2010
    Very cute! I really like it!

3. Erock1234

Erock1234 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2010
    [​IMG] awesome job!!!! Sorry to hear about the coon tho, but who ever gets that coop will be very glad to be there. And for anything you might see that might be crooked (my coops full of them) should be ok as long as you don't give your hens tape measures [​IMG] (just kidding) I can almost see your hens dancing for joy in this coop [​IMG]

4. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    [​IMG] Very nice, and sorry about your hen!

5. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    That's a real nice tractor sorry about your loss. Better luck in the future.[​IMG]

6. CindyG

CindyG Chillin' With My Peeps

I named my coop "The Crooked Coop", now I just say, oh that? that's like that on purpose!! Hens don't care. Just paint everything the same colour, and do lots of stencilling!! That's how I do it anyhow.

7. cfdf

cfdf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    OH MAN! That is just way too cute! I wuv it! [​IMG]

8. BWKatz

BWKatz Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    Columbia,SC
    Definitely Fort Knox...I don't see an crooked. Poor little chicky, so sorry. Whoever gets the priviledge of going in there will be very lucky. [​IMG]

9. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    nice job! [​IMG]
    sorry about your hen [​IMG]

10. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Yeah, me 2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by