New Coop,Garden Tool Storage shed,Etc

gamike

Hatching
6 Years
Jun 15, 2013
Well we have finally pulled the trigger and decided to build a coop. We plan on having 4 to 6 chickens. The overall size of the building is 8'x12' with a 4 foot front porch. The coop will be 4'x8' with the boxes actually being in the storage area. The run will be 10'x10' dog pin converted to chicken run. It is the chain link fence type that has three sides and a top made with chain link. I will be installed 1/2" hardware cloth 36" up the sides. We have installed vinyl flooring on the whole floor. Will be adding windows to coop portion. We will use front section to store garden tools,hay, brooder, etc.

One of my wife's goats that always follows us around and tries to help.

Area where we will put coop will be in front of goat pen. We will then have an overhang that will act as shelter and kennel for goats.

The bottom frame work was made out of 2"x6"PT lumber.

Here is a picture of my wife and boy carrying the 3/4" PT decking.

Decking is glued and screwed down. We then installed vinyl flooring over entire floor.

First wall is about ready to be installed. My partner in crime "chloe" had to get in the picture also.

Back wall up, interior chicken coop wall is up. Getting ready to install siding on front wall and stand it up also.

Well this is where we are at before the rain came. Approved by wife's goats!

Chicks waiting to go in new home!

More to come after rain moves on through. This is how much we got done in two days. Trying to decide on color,roof design, etc. The coop run will be on the left hand side looking at front door.

Last edited:
Well we have finally pulled the trigger and decided to build a coop. We plan on having 4 to 6 chickens. The overall size of the building is 8'x12' with a 4 foot front porch. The coop will be 4'x8' with the boxes actually being in the storage area. The run will be 10'x10' dog pin converted to chicken run. It is the chain link fence type that has three sides and a top made with chain link. I will be installed 1/2" hardware cloth 36" up the sides. We have installed vinyl flooring on the whole floor. Will be adding windows to coop portion. We will use front section to store garden tools,hay, brooder, etc.

One of my wife's goats that always follows us around and tries to help.

Area where we will put coop will be in front of goat pen. We will then have an overhang that will act as shelter and kennel for goats.

The bottom frame work was made out of 2"x6"PT lumber.

Here is a picture of my wife and boy carrying the 3/4" PT decking.

Decking is glued and screwed down. We then installed vinyl flooring over entire floor.

First wall is about ready to be installed. My partner in crime "chloe" had to get in the picture also.

Back wall up, interior chicken coop wall is up. Getting ready to install siding on front wall and stand it up also.

Well this is where we are at before the rain came. Approved by wife's goats!

Chicks waiting to go in new home!

More to come after rain moves on through. This is how much we got done in two days. Trying to decide on color,roof design, etc. The coop run will be on the left hand side looking at front door.

This is just too cute. For 6 chickens? Watch out for chicken math. You've got room.
gig.gif

I was originally thinking about building a small 4x5 coop, but I am not so sure now as I look at the excellent work you are doing on your coop. You definitely giving me some good ideas. I have a bunch of used wood left over from a deck rebuild and it is making more sense for me to spend a little more, build a larger 8x10/12 shed and partition off part for the coop and part for tools/ feed/supplies. Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom