New coop in progress

49665_fowly_forge_001.jpg

I have been able to spend some time on the new coop, it is a tractor type, and I have modularized it into 3 sections, you can see the roof, SECTION 1, just set not yet attached, and the pen, SECTION 2, also not attached, and the actual coop SECTION 3, in the rear, I should sheath the roof soon, level and attach the roof and pen, mostly they will roam free, but in the winter, I will cover the sides and front, so they can stretch their legs a bit, we get some serious snow here in the finger lakes area of western NY, But the birds will be ready for the pen in mid to late April, cant wait!

oh yeah I forgot, I put a slide out shelf below the roost, for ease of cleaning, and will add a second roost pole, I intend to have 12 birds, 4 road islands, 4 black sexlinks, and 4 golden comets, hope they get along!!

It's looking good!
thumbsup.gif
If you raise the chickens together they will get along fine. Keep up the good work. If you cover the poop board with linolium it makes it easier to clean off, so I've heard.

well it's very close to finished, I wont wrap the sides and tops till fall, but the roof is mounted, sheathed and the pen is in, the corner shot shows the window on the side of the coop, and I have another pic here of the door handle, latch and hook I forged, the shavings are in the nestboxes, and the roosting pole is in, should be about 3 weeks and the birds will come home!! Fowly Forge is ready!! Just need to make some waterers and feeders tomorrow, this has really been a fun project!!

49665_corner_view.jpg

49665_hardware.jpg

Pacetruckguy,
I was born in Sonora, but find myself in the finger lakes region of NY now, funny how life works! One thing about this area, it's really quiet, only heard 1 siren in the last 6 months!!

How big is that to fix 16 hens (you did say 8 to start and 8 later right?) LF (large fowl) require at LEAST 4 sq foot coop and 10 sq foot run.

Is it a tractor or stationary? It looks BEAUTIFUL

Back
Top Bottom