New coop in progress!

Wabi Sabi

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 28, 2010
I started off this spring with a tiny little coop/enclosed run and a few bantams. Here we are a few months later with many more chickens and quickly trying to put together coop #2.

Earlier in the summer I purchased a HUGE doghouse on Craigslist for $50. We decided to use it and use this as our inspiration:

http://www.greenchickencoop.com/Our_Coops.html

alexandria02-002.jpg

Now, I'm not handy in the least nor is my husband. Luckily we have a family friend who has helped us out the last couple of days and now we have this:

65228_1636938245152_1287601874_31734870_7613802_n.jpg

There's still more to be done- hoping to get a coat of paint on it today or tomorrow, then the hardware cloth. Still need to do some work on the inside of the coop as well, but so far I'm very pleased with our results!

Looks awesome!! We used a dog house as one of our coops for about a year! It worked out great, I just wish ours had been light enough to put on a stand like yours, we had to CRAWL inside to get our eggs lol lol

MomtoSyd&Emma :

Looks awesome!! We used a dog house as one of our coops for about a year! It worked out great, I just wish ours had been light enough to put on a stand like yours, we had to CRAWL inside to get our eggs lol lol

We have a really nice lil roosting area for them - but they still use the doghouse - luckily we found another house to move the dog to! I have 3 year old.

Sing along now... "She finds eggs in lowwwwww places"

I love that coop idea!​

Last edited:
MomtoSyd&Emma :

Ours is HEAVY. It took four men to lift it and even then it was a struggle. Thank goodness for big, burly neighbors who don't mind being paid in fresh eggs. ;-)​

Back
Top Bottom