New coop- in the city

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fan101, Apr 27, 2008.

1. fan101

fan101 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    Here is our new coop -
    We had to build it in garage due to MI weather then move to our property next door - thats where the wheels came in handy - - The Chicks were happy to finally be outside - after being kept in the garage for weeks -

We are new to rasing chickens - and already
    enjoying this new hobby - even the neighbors are gettin into it - they helped every day with the coop -

[​IMG]

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Very cool!
    Where did you come up with the design?

3. Iluvmychickens

Iluvmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Nice Job. Do you have wire over the top of the run to keep other out?

4. fan101

fan101 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    the design came from a few days of brain storming with friends - we wanted to be able to gather eggs and feed and water with out entering their run area - The other side has a drop down door for clean out of the pine shavings we have in the floor -

The wheel idea came from a pic we seen on some website - they had a small coop on wheels.
    They served helpful when we had to move it out of the garage and set it in place - when the MI weather finally
    cooperated

The run does has wire fencing we had in back yard nailed over it - we at first were afraid they would be scared of
    it - we are new to having chickens and were not sure what to expect with this idea - but they had no issues with it.

We also placed chicken wire fence over the top - to keep unwanted birds and or critters from getting in

Thanks for the compliments

5. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Wonder if it will do a wheelie. [​IMG] Just kidding, I really like the idea of the run away from the coop. That's neat witht he wheels to, that way if you ever decide to move to the country you can wheel it right onto a trailer and take off.

Really neat idea.

6. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Hi! Does this weather have you as frustrated as me?

I planted pansies, put some finishing touches on my coop...purchased tomato plants- and thoroughly enjoyed our 70 degree weather..now they say snow is a possibility and it is pretty darn freezing out there. [​IMG]

Michigan weather drives me crazy!

Your coop looks great! What part of Michigan are you in?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by