New coop installation thread....need advice, please chime in! PICS!!!

If you have grass you have more moisture than me. I live in the desert southwest. I have to travel close to 2 hours away if I want to see naturally occurring grass. LOL Anyway, I am not sure if there are other methods. Someone else may be able to chime in here, or someone else you know may have some experience. There may be some information found from an internet search as well. Depending on the sealer, that might do the trick right there. Maybe some Thompson's style deck sealer. But, I would check any chemicals out before putting them near my animals. Especially if you are going to eat their eggs and/ or process them for food.

Hardware cloth is galvanized. It will eventually rust, but that will take 10+ years under normal conditions. If something caustic were to come into contact with it, it might not last as long, depending on the substance. But, galvanized steel is one of the best products out there for rust resistance.

What part of TX are y'all in? I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, myself.

Well I got it onto level ground, have put the roof on, door latch on, and the girls spent the night in it last night. I'm so happy! They have their homemade spill proof rodent proof feeder, chicken nipples, chicken swing, perches etc. Now I just have to build the run......

Back
Top Bottom