New coop is almost finished.

coolcanoechic

Songster
8 Years
Oct 7, 2011
Raymond, New Hampshire
My Coop
My Coop
Ok, I tried this once and it didn't post, so I will try it again.
I'm a newbie, so bear with me. I want to share some pictures of the coop we are building, so here are a few of the beginning of the project. I just want to see if this works before I try to put all of them up.
Here goes!
108647_coop_004.jpg

108647_chicken_fort_001.jpg

108647_chicken_fort_002.jpg

We are really happy with how it is coming along. We plan to make some minor changes though. I am adding hardware cloth over all the chicken wire to make sure it is bomb proof. I don't want to take any chances with my new girls.

The run is closed in.
I'm very afraid for the chickens as I know we have many predators around here. I have seen fox, racoon, opossum, and fischer cat. I may let them roam supervised once they know where their home is.

One more thing to mention....I am only going to have 3 chickens, so they should not feel crowded. The inside of the coop is 5 1/2 ft by 3 1/2 ft. The little run area is 6 ft by 5 1/2 ft. They will have roosts both inside and outside with lots of things to play with. Both the coop and run will have sand.....and of course, everything the little darling's hearts desire. They will be spoiled chickens :)

Back
Top Bottom