New Coop is Done! UPDATE: Extension Run Added!!

Thank you, mmtillman and pamperedpoultry
smile.png
We've been working on this coop for about 7 weeks...it does take a long time, especially when we're both really busy and can only really work on it on the weekends. Seeing it almost done now though makes it all worth it.

Here are updated picts.

The front of the run is now complete...well...we still need to put a return spring on the door so that it will close automatically...but otherwise it's pretty much done. To the run's right (where the plant is now) is where we will put the addition - it will be a run that will be attached to this run and extend 6 feet out.

7525_1235136607983_1516245535_30626186_2058007_n.jpg

This side of the coop if pretty much done. Here is where the additional run will be. I have to clean up, fill in, and then level the ground to prepare for the addition. We won't be working on the addition for a few weeks out - still have to finish this coop up and make the waterer.

7525_1235136647984_1516245535_30626187_1020677_n.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful. Reminds me of a coop one might see at Yellowstone Nat Park. I think the run is far too small. I would advise to have a connection to a daytime pen area, around 100 sq ft/bird if possible for health reasons. Needs to be open to sky regards sunlight. They need it like we do. Can have netting over top to foil hawks and owls. Too small causes fighting, and health problems plus they stink too much. And, you will be spending a lot of time cleaning the run to boot.

Quote:
Yeah, that's we based our coop off of. We have more than enough room for the birds we have now. With the addition of the second run, we'll have space for a few more.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom