New Coop is Started. Now I can get more chickens!!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE WALLS!!!!!
wee.gif

I will be painting this weekend. I could not decide on colors. I felt I needed to see the building to be truly inspired. So, we are painting the building with white primer so that I can paint it when decisions are made. I do not want to hold up progress.

13250_walls_up_1.jpg

13250_walls_up_3.jpg

13250_walls_up_4.jpg

13250_walls_up_6.jpg

The painting is progressing. Luckily, a friend of ours volunteered to help. We sent her home last night with a dozen eggs.

13250_lill_rani_painting.jpg
13250_lill_rani_2.jpg

We are repurposing windows that our neighbors replaced. The DH is reglazing them.

13250_tim_glazing_windows.jpg

DH goes for the high spots.

13250_tim_stretches.jpg

Smoothie Break!!!
Tim made mango, strawberry, banana smooties with yogurt and cardamon.

13250_smoothie_break.jpg

Here are the pictures you really want to see. The soon to be residents of this project being held by my helper.

13250_rani_viginia.jpg
13250_rani_with_chicks.jpg

The progress continues.

There was a race to get the roof done before the rain started.

13250_a_roof.jpg
13250_a_roof_2.jpg

We are going to install these vents near the top of the peaks on either end. They are temperature controlled. They open at 70 degrees and close at 40 degrees. That will make things easier this winter.

13250_a_found_vent.jpg

After painting all weekend, I decided to take a nap with my peeps.
It is a bit ironic that they are pooping all over my Eagles t-shirt.

13250_a_lill_sleeping.jpg
13250_a_sleeping_chicks.jpg

Great-looking coop! That's a nice big building. I am curious about your vents -- do they have to be wired? I'd love to find some of those.

Stumpy - Thank you. I have been planning this for over a year. Somehow, it got bigger than I had planned. I am sooooo looking forward to moving the girls (and the rooster) into their new digs. Then I am going to use the old hen house as a transition home for the new girls I have living in the house (and a few more that I hope to get from PeaChick in a couple of weeks. Don't tell DH. He does not know about them yet).
wink.png

My DH picked the vents up at Lowes. Our friend Eric, who is building the hen house, suggested them when I was explaining the importance of ventilation in a chicken coop. They were less than $20 each. We have not tried them yet. We probably will not know how well they work until October or November. I will try to remember to let everyone know.

Back
Top Bottom