New coop pics

barnyard betty

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
This is our new coop...it's almost done although our chickens have been using it as soon as the walls and roof were on LOL!

It is 10 x 16 ft it has alternating solid tin and clear panels for the roof, 5 windows, 10 nest boxes, 2 people doors 1 chicken door and an inside area separated by a hailscreen door that is supposed to serve as a small feed room ...although my ducks are using that area right now
big_smile.png
The floor is thick gravel base.

i

Last edited:
LOL! Yep... I have about 30 chickens right now thus why we had to build a new coop. This coop connects to a fenced outdoor yard and inside that yard is our old coop so it's very handy to feed and water etc.

Barnyard Betty and Thunderfeet....You both have very nice coops! Betty, i like the way that you incorporated so much natural light in your coop......~Beulah

Last edited:
Is this where chickens go to Heaven? WOWZA! Beautiful!

Barnyard Betty, I am way envious of your new coop and runs! Bright, airy, your chickens are lucky ladies! Welcome to BYC as well, keep the photos coming, I love to see everyones chickens and houses!

Glad to have you!
MB

Thanks Thunderfeet, NovaAman, Rmstuck, Sandyd, Beulah, Melabella....I really wanted to have lots of light cause I'm am very paranoid about spiders and or snakes etc LOL!

So I insisted it be well lit naturally. We built the walls but took a few weeks till we could do the roof and I got so used to having so much light in there that I just couldn't see covering it all up. The coop is under a big tree so it gets nice dappled light and will get more direct rays in winter.

The many windows was inspired as we were building it during this super terribly hot disgusting summer...otherwise we might have gotten fewer and smaller ones perhaps.

Melabelle~ love the flowers and cute green roof! Very beautiful...do your chickens go in the flowers or do they not have access to them? Mine would trample them in about 10 mins flat hahaha!

Back
Top Bottom