NEW COOP PRICE?

1chief

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
Yulee fl
I just started to build a feww coops for friends now i want to expand and build them to sell! i have this one im working on now and i need a ball park price for something like this? all you coop experts plese help me get a grip on what is a fair price for a coop thats 5'x3' and 6 nesting boxes i have had most of the materal laying around the house so i dont have much in materals just my time.

I just started to build a feww coops for friends now i want to expand and build them to sell! i have this one im working on now and i need a ball park price for something like this? all you coop experts plese help me get a grip on what is a fair price for a coop thats 5'x3' and 6 nesting boxes i have had most of the materal laying around the house so i dont have much in materals just my time.
Go to the Home Depot site and look up the price to replace the material you use, then add the cost of your time.

Hard to give a price without a picture.

I can't help you with price, but I'd do as Denis said, figure your materials and labor and charge accordingly.

I was struck by the coop you mentioned, though. a coop that's only 15 square feet will really only house 3 or maybe 4 hens, so why the 6 nesting boxes?

Go to the Home Depot site and look up the price to replace the material you use, then add the cost of your time.

Hard to give a price without a picture.

I can't help you with price, but I'd do as Denis said, figure your materials and labor and charge accordingly. 

I was struck by the coop you mentioned, though. a coop that's only 15 square feet will really only house 3 or maybe 4 hens, so why the 6 nesting boxes?
I have four chickens now with a much smaller coop and they all enjoy it very much they go in and out of there all day long we get four eggs a day I think what really matters is the size of the chicken run our chicken run is 10 x 14 as well as we let them out in the evening to free range in the yard. I guess it all depends on personal preference.

Found a relatively easy formula. It is aimed at Etsy users but the principles apply to selling anywhere...

Materials + Labor + Expenses + Profit = Wholesale
Wholesale x 2 = Retail

Not sure about the X2 part, guess it would depend on the item being sold and the local market conditions.

Original Article

Back
Top Bottom