New coop / shed

tandemrx

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Couple pictures of our new coop / shed.

Built by The Cottage Works of Monroe WI (no affiliation, just satisfied customer.)

Still have some indoor window trim and electric to add.

Used Black Jack rubberized roofing material on the floor.

Got the garden window on craig's list for cheap.

Rooster weather vane from East Coast weather vanes.

Door is our trusty old pullet shut automatic door (still need to add the solar charger for the battery).

no updated picture, but have a ceramic panel convection heater under the roost shelf (I know, I know, chickens don't need heat, blah, blah, blah. Our gals are molting now and they are our pets, so they get a bit spoiled and small reprieve from Wisconsin upcoming winter
smile.png
)

We have a small fenced run from our old coop that we have by the chicken door, but gals roam the yard, only may keep it there to give them a roofed outside area

Wow, I'm jealous of that window box! I also did the blackjack coat for the floor. I'm so glad I did.

Blackjack?? Information please. Getting ready to build new coop-looking for good solid advice and info. Thank you

RE: blackjack

pretty sure if you do a search on this forum you will get tons of information on blackjack 57 - a rather nice rubberized roofing compound that some have been using on the floors of their coops to seal them.

Like others, I used a single coat and am quite pleased with how it turned out

Back
Top Bottom