New Coop!

No theres a chain of stores called North40 here in Spokane. Its pretty solid. Obviously have to do some upgrading (extra vents, paint the inside and outside, screen that window in hardware cloth, predator proof the bottom...etc) I just couldn't say no, expecially since I got my 5 baby chicks this past weekend, they'll need a home soon.

They sell these at rural king too. So, I can't wait to see your mods and your thoughts on the coop.

Last edited:
The math isn't adding up for me. Is the coop 50.25 INCHES by 52.5 inches? That wouldn't create even close to enough floor space for 10 chickens. :idunno
I don't think she is planning for 10. That is just the manufacturers suggesting such a thing.

I don't think she is planning for 10. That is just the manufacturers suggesting such a thing.

I understand that, but quite a number of people don't understand that, when a manufacturer says *can hold up to 8 chickens*, they are talking about the small(er) breeds, like bantams. Someone then buys the coop thinking they can fit 8 RIR in there.

That math is correct. I just purchased 5 chicks; 2 EE, 1 BR, 1 BA and a SS. My plan is to keep 4 of them and give one away. So I would only have 4 in the coop, 4 sqf of space per chicken. I also plan on having an 8X4' run attached to this coop so they will have that space, not including the space underneath the coop. They will also have free range for about 1/3 of my yard (enclosed of course) at any given time. IMO this is not a bad life for a chicken :)

Back
Top Bottom