New Coop

Joken

Songster
May 11, 2020
The coop is finished and I'll start the run today. I would raise the boxes above the floor if I ever build another. I covered the floor and boxes with sheet vinyl, wired it with an interior light, receptacle, and outdoor motion sensing light for the Run. We moved the chicks in yesterday because their old digs had become too small. We still have a lot to learn and appreciate this site immensely.
Ken in Oregon
IMG_4681.JPG
IMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4686.JPG

The coop is finished and I'll start the run today. I would raise the boxes above the floor if I ever build another. I covered the floor and boxes with sheet vinyl, wired it with an interior light, receptacle, and outdoor motion sensing light for the Run. We moved the chicks in yesterday because their old digs had become too small. We still have a lot to learn and appreciate this site immensely.
Ken in Oregon
View attachment 2178016View attachment 2178015View attachment 2178014
Good job! Great roof overhangs!

You might want to do something different with the roosts. Unless those chicks and all bantams, they are going to be crowded. Keep the roosts a minimum of 12" from the wall and the next roost to minimize poops all over the walls and others chickens.

Good job! Great roof overhangs!

You might want to do something different with the roosts. Unless those chicks and all bantams, they are going to be crowded. Keep the roosts a minimum of 12" from the wall and the next roost to minimize poops all over the walls and others chickens.
Thanks, The chicks are not sexed so we won't have that many. I will take your advice and change them. Those are far enough apart that they can't poop on the ones below.

Great job! Looks wonderful and I'm sure the chickens love the space. How large will your run be? You must be a carpenter or have done that type of work in the past? Love the paint job too! My coops have vinyl flooring and it sure makes clean up a lot easier! That was smart! :D

Great job! Looks wonderful and I'm sure the chickens love the space. How large will your run be? You must be a carpenter or have done that type of work in the past? Love the paint job too! My coops have vinyl flooring and it sure makes clean up a lot easier! That was smart! :D
The coop is 5x8, but looks huge. I'm a retired HVAC guy and we own rentals. 73 years of making mistakes have taught me a few things. Cutting rafters was not one of them! I bought a lot of 6X6 chain link panels . The run will be 24'long and 8' wide except the end panel will only be 6' wide so it will not be a true rectangle.

Back
Top Bottom