New Coop

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by debilorrah, Oct 19, 2008.

1. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Not that the first one wasn't wonderful, but because the 6 8 week old chicks are now with the rest of the hens, my darling fiance thought the coop should be twice the size. It now has a sloped roof so we don't have to bend over to walk in there, and a fully covered roof so when the weather gets bad, they can still go outside when they want. I will post pics when it's finished.

2. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Hooray for successful integration! And even bigger kudos to the fiance for accommodating all of the "girls". When can he come do the same for me? I promise DH will help, and we'll feed him well and return him in good condition:D I think we've successfully integrated the 5wk olds with our 8wk old, thank goodness. No more brooder in the garage!

3. debilorrah

I think he just loves doing things like that. Did I tell you that they even have a porch light by their "front" door?? He also has a fan, night light, radiator all hooked up to timers. SPOILED CHICKENS!!

4. BFeathered

BFeathered Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    North Texas
    Ummm... I love my hubby, we just celebrated 23 yr yesterday. But does your guy have a twin somewhere?

5. debilorrah

[​IMG] Nope. Not that I am aware of anyways. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

So... The finished product is 10' x 16'. Is that big enough for 13 birds? [​IMG] And that doesn't include the 10x6 hen house. My beloved loves to build things and he loves the chickens - YA THINK??

7. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You lucky.

I wish I had room to do something like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by