New Country Organics decline in quality

Modern birds of all sorts do best on a balanced diet, which is easier and less expensive to buy in bags at the feed store. Part of good husbandry includes feeding appropriate diets, to the critters in our care, or not having them.
Mary

Maybe their feed isn't so good for laying hens? Or you talked to the wrong person? It sounds very confusing to me, at the manufacturer's end of these conversations.
It would be nicer if the company could give you an actual date for the new feed to be available; it sounds like wishfull thinking on their part. Better to be more realistic.
Mary

Hope you are right about NB soy free being in TSC in August. Even their regular organic took 6 months longer to be in TSC then they stated. I have talked directly with them for years on both products & they tell me time again it is coming & then nothing happens. I still have their emails from last summer & November & April & still no product. I didn't just assume, I was told by them & then nothing. They also clearly stated that they never heard that canola can cause fishy eggs in some brown egg layers & that broiler can NEVER be fed to layers. Sorry if I question their experts when I know they are wrong.

Yes, according to NB salesman (i think he was the mgr of sales) he said TS had not yet approved the product on their "reset". This year it did get approved, but not in time for their spring 'reset', but in August when TS gets another reset, it will then begin to be shipped. They will carry both regular and soy-free pellet. He did apologize to the roll out in stores but has said it's available if you can get a SS to buy it directly from them. My SS doesn't even sell the brand. Only TS does. So we will see if he was right!!! :)

Modern birds of all sorts do best on a balanced diet, which is easier and less expensive to buy in bags at the feed store. Part of good husbandry includes feeding appropriate diets, to the critters in our care, or not having them.
Mary

Yes, but wouldn't you agree that there needs to be a dependable staple in their diet?

I just saw this on my IG.
Screenshot_20180622-150829.png

Quick update, knock on wood, flock has been grain free for 2+ months, pellets only and they all have shown signs of looking better, eggshells look better, good poops, and zero crop problems. (now here comes molting season!) I'm very glad to have switched over to pellets. I always thought it was a boring diet for them, but they do like it. Each coop has a pellet feeder and also every morning they get a mash that's gone by early afternoon. Olga has even put on some weight, too. Occasionally they get some scrambled eggs or watermelon for a treat, and lately I've been trying my hand at growing wheat grass, which is ready to be chopped.
Well, was a learning experience that's for sure. One thing I've learned is follow your gut! Glad the company is now making pellets, but will stick to what I've been using.

Quick update, knock on wood, flock has been grain free for 2+ months, pellets only and they all have shown signs of looking better, eggshells look better, good poops, and zero crop problems. (now here comes molting season!) I'm very glad to have switched over to pellets. I always thought it was a boring diet for them, but they do like it. Each coop has a pellet feeder and also every morning they get a mash that's gone by early afternoon. Olga has even put on some weight, too. Occasionally they get some scrambled eggs or watermelon for a treat, and lately I've been trying my hand at growing wheat grass, which is ready to be chopped.
Well, was a learning experience that's for sure. One thing I've learned is follow your gut! Glad the company is now making pellets, but will stick to what I've been using.
Awesome update! Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom