New covering ideas needed

VickiO

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 16, 2011
Their run is covered on top with metal sheets. We put heavy plastic on 3 sides to keep the rain and snow out this winter, but allow sun in and have the greenhouse effect but also have plenty of ventilation.

Last night we had a severe wind advisory here in SD (60mph winds) and it ripped all the plastic sheeting off. I'd like to not use that again and use something else that would handle these winds.. I would want it off during summer.

I just use shade cloths for dog pens and zipstrip them on. Snow can't blow through them, yet they give enough in high wind areas to not be ripped apart.

I did think of those. Just worried about them needing daylight in the run. Right now we have tarps ziptied to it to keep rain out.

This is their run. Each end is open as well.
That looks awesome. They make woven reinforced plastic also. I use the reinforced plastic to cover my koi pond over a frame, it has woven string throughout it. I attach it to the frame by using grip clips. I can't remember where I ordered the certain size I needed with grommets. I am sure if you do a search you could find something. When I have more time I can look through my receipts. Go to www.farmtek.com type in curtain they have clear insulated curtains Looks like they are made with the woven plastic, (you can go to a Menards or home depot and buy the woven clear plastic by the roll and just put it on with screws and lathe), type in shade cloth and look see. You can have things made to any size you want with hems and grommets and just use a washer and screw to attach for winter. Cheaper route is the menards reinforced woven plastic by the roll till you can save some penneys to get a custom one made. Hope this helps to give you some ideas.

Thank you! I would like something to take off for summer. That idea sounds good, I do have a Menards here and I will also check out the link you gave me. I totally appreciate it!

Here's what I plan to use for siding. If you can screw or bolt this into place it oughta work great.

Searching for "clear corrugated sheet" gets the best results, but polycarbonate siding, or clear roofing panels will find them as well.
th

Here's what I plan to use for siding. If you can screw or bolt this into place it oughta work great.

Searching for "clear corrugated sheet" gets the best results, but polycarbonate siding, or clear roofing panels will find them as well.
th
That is nice material. Wondering if it is expensive.

Back
Top Bottom