New "Crazy Chicken Lady"

BBRATT

Hatching
Jul 16, 2016
Wichita, KS
Hi!! My name is Brenda and I'm a new crazy Chicken Lady. I got a flock of 6 hens on Mother's Day and recently got my first egg. I'm excited to join the group because I have some questions/concerns that I'm hoping some of you veterans can address for me.

First off welcome to BYC! Congratulations on officially joining the world of chicken farming! BYC is a wonderful site full of people who are woefully experienced in the world of raising all kinds of poultry. Everyone is very helpful I don't want to know how my birds would be living without them. I'd love to help you in any way I can. What kind of chickens do you have?

Hi :welcome Brenda

Glad you could join us here! Congratulations on that first egg :clap It's always so exciting to see those little treasures in the nest box and it never gets boring collecting them! Please do ask all the questions you need to, everyone here to help.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

So do chickens lay sporadically in the heat of summer or should it be on a fairly regular basis (i.e. an egg per hen per day)?

Yes it should be a consist laying pattern. It differs in the colder and darker months. Most chickens lay everyday but it may be different for every chicken. Though the laying should always remain in a pattern for example, one every other day or one every evening.

Okay..thanks for the info. I think I've got 2 who are laying now, but am only getting an egg a day now...thought maybe it was the heat. We live in Kansas and it's been near 100 degrees for the past 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom