New customer, I hope

Haha, I love non-chicken city people. My mom sells my eggs for me at her work. She works for the state in a cubical (oh boy) and there's a ton of people around her that always want eggs. They've never worried about the nutrition, but buying a dozen eggs that had a few easter eggers in there causes mass hysteria as a single person would run from cubical to cubical showing off the egg, only to be followed by the next person to find an easter egg in their dozen. Pretty soon everything would shut down as people would run to see the green or blue egg. Then there were the banty eggs which were always "so tiny and cute." Finally the novelty wore off... I think management was getting angry at the distraction. lol.

I started offering the info. sheet after the wife of the captain at the police dept. said that she thought brown eggs meant they were rotten.
roll.png

I figured if she was worried about the color of the eggshell, she'd really have a problem with neon orange yolks.

Quote:
I've done that too...for city customers at the farmers market . In addition to the spots, yolk colors and thick whites, our handout covers 1) difficulty peeling hardboiled fresh eggs and 2) what the chalaza is.

I was really glad last season when several new customers mentioned how helpful that little handout was. One came back to buy more eggs - and told me she thought they were 'stale' when she couldn't peel them until she read my 'blurb'. LOL

Another customer said they always picked the chalaza out of eggs (even store bought) because they thought that was sperm. Hahaha...I managed to only smile until they were gone ...then I was ROFL trying to tell DH about it later.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Makes you wonder how some people have enough sense to breathe. In the case of the capt's wife, we've theorized that she has a little implant in her brain that says "breathe, breathe, breathe...."
lol.png

Thanks for the info..that gives me an idea for when I plan on selling eggs is to candle my eggs as if they were incubating and should be able to see any blood/brown spots..I personally pick it out but might turn off some people that they won't eat or buy from you..

Back
Top Bottom