New Del Chicks From Cyn- Watch Them Grow! Their Life Thread

PepsNick

Back to Business
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Egglanta, GA
I picked up five Delaware chicks on Monday From Cyn (speckledhen). They were hatched on Jan 28th. After all this talking to her it was great to finally meet her and Tom (DH)! These are straight run and a bunch of fun, my first experience with Dels. They don't want not to be held! Especially "Jess", who stayed in my pocked the whole ride home. Hoping she's a pullet.

Day one... In the brooder... they loooooove to eat!
chick11.jpg

chick12.jpg

chick14.jpg

chick15.jpg

chick16.jpg

chick6.jpg

chick7.jpg

chick20.jpg

chick19.jpg

chicks1.jpg

chicks1.jpg

chicks2.jpg

chicks3.jpg

chicks4.jpg

chicks5.jpg

Chick #1, Jess
chick17.jpg

Chick #2
chick9.jpg

Chick #3
chick8.jpg

Chick #4
chick18.jpg

Chick #5
chick10.jpg

They are all wonderfully happy and healthy. They're being raised on medicated chick feed 18% protein. Cyn, I actually realized the animal does have furry ears so changed it to a hippo.

Last edited:
Here they are today. Other pics were from Monday. Not sure who is who accept Jess and the runt (chick #)with her blue leg band, but will be able to tell in a few days, probably.

chick21.jpg

chick22.jpg

chick23.jpg

chick24.jpg

chick25.jpg

chick26.jpg

chick27.jpg

chick28.jpg

chick29.jpg

Chick something...
chick30.jpg

Chick something...
chick31.jpg

Jess... of course she had to stay in my hand.
love.gif

chick32.jpg

Chick something...
chick33.jpg

Chick something...
chick34.jpg

Last edited:
Cyn, wouldn't ya just pull out your hair, if all of them turned out to be pullets!?!
gig.gif

Nick, they're all completely adorable. Now, get some colored leg bands on each of the other four so you know who is who!
wink.png
Pretty darn cute there kiddo! Keep posting pics so we get to see them grow up too!
hugs.gif

Very nice looking bunch Nick. You looked in their eyes didn't you? I see Jess and three others pictured in the last post that are using Dellie Mind Control on you....too late now just give them whatever they want.
gig.gif

Last edited:
I love you guys! All together now, SDWD!!

Mahonri, I saw the parents when I picked them up- Isaac and his girl (forgot name again
barnie.gif
) are just gorgeous!

Cyn, wouldn't ya just pull out your hair, if all of them turned out to be pullets!?! gig

Nah, Amy, I'm not keeping any of the Delawares I'm hatching now. We are keeping Tasha, who is six weeks old, but I am going a hatch of BBS and Barred Rocks and BW Ameraucanas and those are the ones from which I plan to keep a few birds. I have two other BYC folks who want to pick up some Delaware chicks so whatever I hatch over the next couple of weeks is probably already sold. I hope Tasha turns out nicely. Ellie and Georgie were the chunkiest hens out of my Del flock, but Tasha's mother, Ellie, was my very best Del hen out of the entire bunch.​

Back
Top Bottom