New Dickey Incubator - 48 Bantam Eggs - All Done.

Well, this morning at 7:20'ish I very quickly opened up and took out the Geratherm thermometer & read it. My electronic unit that came with the incubator was showing 99.9 and the Geratherm was showing 100.1, how cool is that?!? My electronic (a Cooper TRH158) is very accurate, only 2 tenths of a degree difference.

Quote:
Yes I am, here are my important dates.

Oct 1st - First Candling
Oct 8th - Second Candling
Oct 12th - All eggs move to the hatcher

I'm going to try and get photos when I candle the eggs.

Quote:
Yes I am, here are my important dates.

Oct 1st - First Candling
Oct 8th - Second Candling
Oct 12th - All eggs move to the hatcher

I'm going to try and get photos when I candle the eggs.

okay cool im gunna subscribe and watch this thread

I set serama eggs the 22nd, so I candled today
smile.png

I have eight that are either ? or appear clear, and 17 that have at least started, a number of them quite strongly! Go midget horde!

Luck with yours!

End of day five and all is well. Two more days until I candle the eggs! I'll try to get photos and post them.

Temp is 100F, humidity is 55%

End of day 6. Temp is 99.9, humidity is 53%, no need to open up the incubator. We have rain coming in and a power company that can't seem to keep the electric on during a storm. So I'll have the generator at the ready just in case. Tomorrow we candle the eggs, yeah!!!!

Monday afternoon I have a crew coming over to build me a new barn, yes!!! More chickens!!

End Of Day #7.

We candled a good sampling of the eggs this evening and every one of them that we put to the light had a chick in it, some moving around, others not, but all had development. Yeah!! I filled up the water trays, we did all of this pretty quickly so as to not allow the eggs time to cool off at all. I hope they all make it!! I tried to take photos and failed, gotta learn more about how to work the camera so that I can get good pics next time.

The incubator is back on and coming up to temp and humidity.

You may be doing this already, add really warm water in your trays - this will help get the incubator back up to the right temp quickly:thumbsup

End of day #8.

Temp 99.9, Humidity 52%

I received some new eggs today, all of them are American Game. 6 Lacy Roundhead and 4 Pinnion Grey. I'll let them sit until tomorrow evening then put them in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom