New Duck Being Bullied and Outcast

That is sad. If you could work it out to put your most laid back female with her for about a week then try introducing both back together that might work. Other option would be rehoming but that might not go well either. Introducing one into an established flock is harder than doing more than one. I have been blessed that most of the time my flock of FRunners and Buffs have been pretty good at accepting, this actually was the first time I had introduced one by herself. Now my 4 little Runners have had to put up with some bullying but no one has injured them. They did spend the first 2 weeks in the coop inside a large dog crate overnight so no one could hurt them.
Miss Lydia do ducks have that blood sight pecking trigger that chickens have? I was thinking to my generally passive and limpy duck who has a bad leg in with her but because she has an injury I was a bit worried that even a laid back duck might be a dangerous companion right now. I have way more experience with chickens, who kind of go crazy whenever one of them has even the smallest scab or pinprick of blood.

Back
Top Bottom