New duck mama

duckmama84

Chirping
Apr 17, 2016
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Hello everyone, Im happy to have found BYC. We recently purchased two Pekin ducklings, and have been able to find a lot of answers to our random Google questions here. So, I decided to join.

Growing up we had Rhode Island Reds, which I adored. Even after being spurred by our Rooster, I still loved them (well, maybe the Rooster a little less). My fiancé and I had planned on getting chickens, but decided until we get a house of our own (hopefully a small farm), we would wait. Which is how we came across the ducklings.

Our family consists of my fiancé and I, my son and my fiancés two daughters, our Husky & Aussie, a Holland Lop, a leopard gecko and now our two babies, Lily and Marshall Duck :)

We got them from TSC last Saturday, and from what I can guess, I -think- they are going on two weeks old. Thats basing my guess off videos and pictures Ive seen where someone has posted daily photos of their Pekins. Right now, they pretty much have their own room, well in a big container in their own room, and get plenty of social interaction. During the day, I bring them into the kitchen, and just keep a close eye to make sure they dont get themselves in trouble (they love to explore!) and to clean up their mess! We are in the process of planning an outdoor home for them with a decent sized run and baby pool.

Anywho! Thats us in a nutshell!

Ducklings are the ultimate adorables. That's about all I know about them except they are very talented at pooing on everything, and love to splash in water. For good answers to your questions about them please post on the "Duck thread." Just put that in the search box and it will come up. Thank you for joining the Backyard Chickens flock
frow.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

The Learning Centre is a great resource, even for experienced poultry keepers - loads of info on anything poultry. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - just type the name of your state in the search box.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom