New Duck Mom

DuckyVeit

Chirping
Aug 27, 2020
KY
Hi everybody! My name is Cait, and today marks exactly three weeks since I brought home my very first two ducklings from TSC. A week later I went back and got a third. It's been a lot more work than I anticipated, but also quite a bit of fun and definitely a huge learning experience. Turns out I didn't know as much about ducks as I thought, so I've been Googling like crazy. I've been redirected to these forums almost every single time, and this is where I've found almost all the answers to my questions so I decided to finally join the community!

I was hoping I could start off by getting some concrete help identifying two of my ducks. All this time I thought I had a Pekin, Mallard, and Black Swedish; but then today I stumbled across a couple of posts that have me wondering if I actually have a Pekin, Rouen, and Cayuga. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ☺ Thank you!!

Here are my babies:

Heidi
Snapchat-632350625.jpg

Zelda
Snapchat-98403087.jpg

Sable
Snapchat-233499410.jpg

You definitely have a pekin, the last one definitely looks like a black sweedish (I had a blue sweedish not too long ago), and you have a rouen, the mallard ducklings do not have that stripe under the eyes only the stripe on the eye is present in mallards
Screenshot (3).png

You definitely have a pekin, the last one definitely looks like a black sweedish (I had a blue sweedish not too long ago), and you have a rouen, the mallard ducklings do not have that stripe under the eyes only the stripe on the eye is present in mallards View attachment 2308991

Thank you! I had seen people talking about the eye stripes and was pretty sure she's a Rouen. I was mostly having issues confirming the Black Swedish. Google was being super conflicting.

Back
Top Bottom