New duck owner coop feedback

B-Hawk

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2018
Arizona
Good Day my fellow Foul Owners! I am a brand new duck owner and would like some feedback on my first coop. My ducklings are a day shy of 3 weeks old now and have started to lose their down. I know that they will need to leave the brooder soon so I have created their pen (as best as I could) out of an old pool frame. I have absolutely no idea what kind of Ducks I have as the sign at the feed store stated "Assorted". But after reading some forums on here, I came to the conclusion that they will each need about 20 sqft of living room. (please correct me if I'm wrong) The frame is 10 feet in diameter so that's an area of 78.5 sq ft. For four ducks, I'm hoping this would be sufficient. They will spend their entire day out there 7 A.M. to 6 P.M. and then come inside for the night. (The pictures are just a test run to see how they reacted being outside)
IMG_20180324_202113.jpg
IMG_20180324_202206.jpg
IMG_20180325_110157.jpg
IMG_20180325_110252.jpg
With that being said, when did you all transfer your babies from the brooder to their final living space? Any and all feedback is welcomed! And if I stated any wrong information, please let me know. I can use all of the help that I can get! Cheers!

Last edited:
This can wait until they are older if you want, but you could add a nesting area. It's nice when ducks lay their eggs where you want them to, and not places like in the mud next to the pool where they can get stepped on. Just a smaller sheltered area with soft bedding will do.

Back
Top Bottom