New duck owner unsure what to feed them

Whoops, she does 😬 the previous owner told me, it was the sign the drake was doing his thing 🤭 she told me that is was the positive thing about this breed that they are very peaceful, and last year she even had 4 drakes and 1 female, and they didn’t mess her up ...

Whoops, she does 😬 the previous owner told me, it was the sign the drake was doing his thing 🤭 she told me that is was the positive thing about this breed that they are very peaceful, and last year she even had 4 drakes and 1 female, and they didn’t mess her up ...
I would definitely not trust what she said. It is not a good thing, it is a sign of over mating if there are no feathers there it means she is being mated too much. Drakes can sometimes mate until serious injury or death so for the sake of your ducks it would be best to get at least 2 more females.

I would definitely not trust what she said. It is not a good thing, it is a sign of over mating if there are no feathers there it means she is being mated too much. Drakes can sometimes mate until serious injury or death so for the sake of your ducks it would be best to get at least 2 more females.
That PO is an idiot and I wouldn't trust anything they said.

I did look for another female, but it is kind of hard, you can get hatching eggs or ducklings, but no female duck, drakes are easy to get 🙄

They are finally eating the right stuff :) I put water in it, and today they almost emptied a whole bowl of food, and... it just took 1 minute to get them into their house this evening, „bad person“ ( me) came, „good person“ ( hubby) pointed a stick an in they went 😁

Back
Top Bottom