New Duck Owner

SarahMcGuire

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2020
Friendsville, Maryland
Hello,
I am a new duck owner. I just got 10 from Metzer Farm today in the mail. I live in a very rural part of Maryland less than a mile from Pennsylvania and 3 miles from West Virginia. I have two Cayuga ducklings, two Buff ducklings, two Black Swedish ducklings, two Blue Swedish ducklings and two Golden Layer Hybrids. One of the Golden Layer’s is not doing well I hope she makes it.

Hello,
I am a new duck owner. I just got 10 from Metzer Farm today in the mail. I live in a very rural part of Maryland less than a mile from Pennsylvania and 3 miles from West Virginia. I have two Cayuga ducklings, two Buff ducklings, two Black Swedish ducklings, two Blue Swedish ducklings and two Golden Layer Hybrids. One of the Golden Layer’s is not doing well I hope she makes it.
amber.jpg

Welcome to BYC. Do you have any Sav a chick or vitamin supplement that you can give to the weak duckling ? Electrolytes or even gatorade might help.
I have some Gatorade I could try...right now she’s started to eat and drink but no improvement on the flopping around on her back and sporadic running......it’s almost like a drunk she runs and winds up on her back and even when she’s still she sways side to side like she has no balance.

Welcome to BYC! Definitely try posting about your baby on the duck forum!

What are you feeding them? They actually make a duck pellet food that includes the much needed niacin ducklings need.
Regular chick starter works, but you will have to supplement it with brewer's yeast for the niacin. Another good choice is NutriDrench, and B complex.

Back
Top Bottom