New Duck Owner

price

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 16, 2014
Hello everyone,

My name is Paul, I live in Madison, Ms. My girlfriend and I bought 4 Rouen ducks from tractor supply about a week ago. We are keeping them in the garage in a big plastic storage container with pine shavings on the bottom and a heat lamp over head. This is my first rodeo when it comes to ducks so any input on care, food, or anything else will be greatly appreciated.

I am feeding them chick starter right now. How long should they be on this? What do I feed them next?
Are they ok in the plastic container? When should I move them to a different home?

Thanks in advance for all the help! Like I said, any input would be great!

Thanks,

Paul

images

Welcome to BYC!

Dawg X2. There are lots of knowledgeable members in our Duck section that can tell you all you need to know about caring for your Ducks. Just click on that link that Dawg provided and that will take you there.

Enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! There is always something new to learn! Glad to have you here! See you around with the flock.
You should not feed ducks chick starter. They should be on some kind of waterfowl food. At 5 weeks old, you can switch them to grower food. When they get to big for their bin, you should move them. At 7 to 8 weeks old, they can live outside depending on the weather.

Back
Top Bottom