New duck parents!

Hello fellow duck and chicken friends!
My fiancé and I are new to ducks; we purchased 2 Rouen and 2 Pekin ducklings from Tractor Supply about four weeks ago, and they were about two days old. They bring us so much joy!☺️
We do have concerns about one of the Pekin ducklings however 😕
Welcome to BYC
Congrats on the new family members
You won’t be disappointed owing duck :)
What’s the concern on the duckling ?
What are you feeing and are you adding nutritional yeast or brewers yeast to their feed for extra niacin ?

Welcome to BYC!! You have joined an amazing community with some phenomenal people who have great experience!!! I hope your chicken and duck journey goes well!!! Sorry to here about your little Peking duckling!! What’s going on with it?
Thank you!!
So he is eating and drinking fine, and growing at the same rate (it seems), however, he has a lot of trouble standing and walking. It has progressed over the last two weeks.
They are eating Purina Flock raiser with the recommended amount of Niacin, but I’m not sure if he has a deficiency? The other ducklings are doing fine.

Welcome to BYC
Congrats on the new family members
You won’t be disappointed owing duck :)
What’s the concern on the duckling ?
What are you feeing and are you adding nutritional yeast or brewers yeast to their feed for extra niacin ?
They are on Purina Flock Raiser with niacin in it, and I did buy a bag of Brewers yeast for addition..

Thank you!!
So he is eating and drinking fine, and growing at the same rate (it seems), however, he has a lot of trouble standing and walking. It has progressed over the last two weeks.
They are eating Purina Flock raiser with the recommended amount of Niacin, but I’m not sure if he has a deficiency? The other ducklings are doing fine.
It sounds like niacin deficiency Pekins need extra niacin
I would give him 1ml of vitamin B complex over a treat for the next week daily. I would Also start putting nutritional yeast 1 tbs to 1 cup feed till 10 weeks. It won’t hurt them and will make them grow strong legs
Do you have a tractor supply by you ?
@Miss Lydia can point you in the right direction for what to buy for the B complex

It sounds like niacin deficiency Pekins need extra niacin
I would give him 1ml of vitamin B complex over a treat for the next week daily. I would Also start putting nutritional yeast 1 tbs to 1 cup feed till 10 weeks. It won’t hurt them and will make them grow strong legs
Do you have a tractor supply by you ?
@Miss Lydia can point you in the right direction for what to buy for the B complex
Thank you so much! Yes, I have a tractor supply nearby - what products do you recommend?!

Back
Top Bottom