New duckling help please.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jujubeans2008, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jujubeans2008

Jujubeans2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2016
    Molino, Florida
    Hello!
    I have a flock of 4 existing ducks that I love! I recently brought home a "stray" duck that someone found being chased and tormented by a dog.

My guess is that this duck is a Muscovey Duck, or a mixed breed. It (Becky) seems to looks like one, and it makes a chirping quacking noise. I have another Muscovey Duck mix (Quackers), and has seemed to take a liking to Becky except whenever it is time to go swimming. Quackers does not want this poor young duck to go swimming. Quackers will hiss at Becky, and Becky will fly away. Is this because Becky is new, or could Becky perhaps be a boy? Becky has a "crest" that it raises up when it is happy, scared, or excited. Becky also chirps and is considerably smaller than the rest of my ducks, but I'm thinking it's a pretty young duck. Mine others are about 5 months old.

Here are some pictures, if you could please help me identify the duck breed, and gender I would be so thankful.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chickens really

chickens really Chicken Obsessed

Muscovy...Look at its toe nails and face..
    They are just being bossy over the pool...Same thing happens when I introduce a new duck...They will work it out...

Congrats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by