New duckling introduction

I will do! They should be ok to be locked in their house together tonight for bed though right? I don't want to let them out tomorrow morning to find she's been roughed up by the 3 I already have. X

So after a 90mile trip there & back. Here she is (White & grey). She's already had a spat with all 3 of mine. She's very noisy & is so fat & short compared to my 3. I'm very nervous that this could end in tears.

Last edited:
Well I asked for runner & she shown me her with about 30 others the same. I also thought she didn't look much like a runner, didn't really notice until I got her with my 3.

Again, thanks for the advice. i can still put them all to bed together though right? The same night? mine are currently sleeping in the garage as we have a very persistent mama fox, she didn't get to them but they went into shock for a day or 2 last time she visited & caused a little damage to the house. I have found a flock of 14 week old runners, so I'm going tomorrow to pick a new female, beautiful colours to choose from too. Considering I didn't go with my partner to get the 3 I already have (it was a surprise & I didn't speak to him for a week after
smile.png
) is there anything I should avoid/lookout for/check over when I see the flock?

Sorry for all the questions, I literally would be going out of my mind if it wasn't for you guys!!x
Yes, leave them to figure it out...A bit of fighting is normal.....Just be glad your not trying to introduce Chickens.....

I find sometimes with an already established little group..they don't always fully accept the new duck..so she might be more of a loner aND not so close knit. I have 34 ducks.. they divide themselves into little groups. Some co mingle. Then there's a few that stay close to a group but kind of prefer to do their own thing. It's normal to have little scuffles. It's establishing a pecking order even though they're ducks.

Back
Top Bottom