New duckling sleeps on it's back. Wry neck?

Here's a video where you can see what is going on better. Do you think it's wry neck? From what I've been reading, everyone treats it with just vitamins? I can go pick up some polyvisol tomorrow. I feel like it needs a neck brace or something. Maybe even a helmet, lol...

0.jpg

Last edited:
What a precious baby, I am wondering not stable on it's feet is from not steady with it's neck yet, Vitamin therapy and Nutri Drench is one of the best as you know can be given straight into the bill also so you might want to do that along with in the water Always just right inside the bill tiny bits at a time never down the throat. Maybe 1x a day straight then the rest in drinking water just till you see neck stable, also massage as you have been doing. Is it still flipping over onto it's back? If so I would use the donut just to keep it upright position. Eating and drinking good hopefully. Looks like it's getting plenty of TLC and hopefully not much longer before it's running around with it's hatch mate.

It does still sleep on its back occasionally, but I've seen it get up from that position to go get some water or chase after the other ones a little. I use the word "chase" very loosely. The others are turbo charged and this one very clumsily wobbles after them, lol...

Thank you for the encouragement!

It does still sleep on its back occasionally, but I've seen it get up from that position to go get some water or chase after the other ones a little. I use the word "chase" very loosely. The others are turbo charged and this one very clumsily wobbles after them, lol...

So there is more than this one and another, I only saw the 2 so I thought that was it. It's making progress at it's own rate so I think that is encouraging as long as the others don't trample on it.

It seemed like it was doing pretty good this morning, but I noticed it wasn't doing so hot. I picked it up and tried to give it vitamins but it couldn't even drink. It ended up dying in my hand. I tried a little CPR, but it was just gone.

It seemed like it was doing pretty good this morning, but I noticed it wasn't doing so hot. I picked it up and tried to give it vitamins but it couldn't even drink. It ended up dying in my hand. I tried a little CPR, but it was just gone.
Oh gosh I am so sorry, Poor lil one, you did all you knew to do, probably more wrong with it than we knew.

Poor guy...Wobbles was like that, too. That's why he's "Wobbles". It's usually a sign of weakness coming out of the shell. Wobbles had a difficult hatch, and his yolk wasn't fully absorbed, so I had to give him some vitamins, niacin and electrolytes to make sure he had enough energy and nutrition to help get him through. If I hadn't, I fear I may have even lost him.
Did you give him the electrolytes and vitamins right away, or wait the12 hours to dry him first?

Back
Top Bottom