New Ducklings Integration - Need Advice

rakeshkarthik

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2023
Hi There,

I'm a new duck owner, learning many things from this community. Thanks for your support.

1. I have 2 teen Ducklings (5 weeks old - 1 Male and 1 Female). After I recently lost 2 ducklings 😣 after 3 weeks, I bought 2 more female ducklings which are like 10 days old. I am raising them separately, Teenage ducklings enjoy the free range in my garden and babies are in the brooder. My question is, when is the right time to start the integration process, can I let them to mingle after 3 weeks and let them use the same coop at the night? need some advice.
  2. Also, one of the Teenage ducks has mild sinus issues, and I could see slightly swollen cheeks - anything I can do to cure this? (I have given them a pond with fresh water in the garden )

As for getting the older and younger together wait a bit till you get this one with sinus issues cleared up first in case it’s contagious. Is a vet an option?

I got this from a pet store where I usually buy duck feeds, is it something that can work? Not sure if its antibiotics.

Attachments

• IMG_20230316_200932.jpg
    IMG_20230316_200932.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 13
oxytetracycline is an antibotic that can be used in poultry, that's what the package says it contains. Also, there's a picture of a duck on it.
I would let them mingle after 3 weeks and see how they are together. As long as you don't have one super aggressive duck that wants to attack them, it should be fine. As long as the coop is big enough that the smaller group can hang out in their own corner away from the others, it should be fine. The birds aren't usually too aggressive at that age.

Back
Top Bottom