New ducklings!

She looks much more comfortable in the past pic
1f917.png
X2!

I don't mean to barge in on QuackSpeak's thread, but all this talk about the swollen crops has me worried. My ducklings don't look like little puff balls but I have noticed their chests getting bigger.

I give dry food and water 24/7 and sprinkle grit on top of the dry food. Could they be getting too much grit? I also put greens (romaine lettuce or young grass) cut up in tiny pieces in their water. Once in the morning and once at night. I don't really give a lot at a time though.

You can go here to see pictures I took yesterday, they look about the same today.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1163693/walkers-indian-runner-tribe#post_18315271

Once again, sorry for barging in on your thread QuackSpeak!

Edit: Some pics I took just now.

Last edited:
I don't mean to barge in on QuackSpeak's thread, but all this talk about the swollen crops has me worried. My ducklings don't look like little puff balls but I have noticed their chests getting bigger.

I give dry food and water 24/7 and sprinkle grit on top of the dry food. Could they be getting too much grit? I also put greens (romaine lettuce or young grass) cut up in tiny pieces in their water. Once in the morning and once at night. I don't really give a lot at a time though.

You can go here to see pictures I took yesterday, they look about the same today.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1163693/walkers-indian-runner-tribe#post_18315271

I don't mind!!
tongue.png
I have the same questions myself. We are all learning!

I've got 2 hens, named Toothless and Stormfly. And my males are Chaz and Mackelroy. All my chickens have names too. It easier to name the adults, based on personality!!

Edit: Some pics I took just now.

I would wet the feed into a soupy mix twice a day....Sprinkle the grit every other day or if feeding tomato ? Or whatever else Sprinkle a little on the food....I think the issue is eating the dry feed and it clumps up and takes longer to digest..:)...Keep the dry out at all times....Just the way I was taught ...;).....

Cute babies....:)

Last edited:
If you're like me, a kid at heart, Disney movies are good for names! Or any cartoon

Lol! So far, the yellow one is Ellie. We don't know why.. She just looked like an Ellie! The black one could be Star, Onyx, Starlight, Luna..
She looks normal in those photos...
smile.png
.......So cute too!......Glad I never came across as Bossy...
smile.png
...We all love Ducks...
wink.png

Yay! Happy boopers. No, you were never bossy, just giving good advice ;)

They've learned how to scream, lol! Whenever I'm not there, they start shrieking at the top of their little lungs. A simple 'hello,' will quiet them, leading me to think that they know my voice.
We're trying to train them out of it, though. Like if they start screaming, we try not to go up and comfort them... Most of them time it works. However, when they were in my room last night, whenever they thought I was being too quiet, they'd start screaming. Doesn't make for good sleep, lol!
So I wake up at 2:00, and until 3:00, I'm saying 'hello,' constantly, lol! So my mom took matters into her own hands, and moved the ducks down the hall. So they're still upstairs, but not in my room anymore
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom