New ducklings!

My new baby! He/she hatched at about 10 this morning. I am already in love.
Soo adorable
1f495.png

I am not sure-I think it is a mallard, the friend who gave me the eggs doesn't know her breeds, but her ducks look like mallards.
I don't think that is a Mallard Duckling, but it sure is precious. If you google Mallard ducklings you'll see they have 1 eye stripe. coloring is different too.

@Miss LydiaWhat's funny is I was just (literally) Googling it! I love my friend but it annoys me that she doesn't know what breed she has-she is the same with her chickens and I don't get it.
1f602.png

Last edited:
Did you give the lil one a stuffed animal to cuddle with and also if you can get a mirror with safe edges that will help to keep it feeling secure till more hatch.  They are such precious ones. 

I haven't but I will go find one for it now. I only had two duck eggs and the other one didn't develop so I think I need to either find another egg to hatch or go buy another duckling. The duck we had last year just hung out with the chickens all the time but she would have done better had she had a duck companion. Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom