New Ducks, help ID

Haha that makes me so happy!!
That black on the ones back, is that normal or is something going on with him?

It just looks to be his coloring. I look forward to seeing how these guys turn out
1f44d-1f3fb.png

So we all think they are all 3 runners? that really makes my day lol!

So i have been giving them some scratch (very small amount) and some frozen/thawed mixed vegys and they seem to eat them right up. But if i hold my hand out with snacks in it they just run. Anyone have any advice on how to get them to warm up to us?

Also, any idea on how old they are? I built a hoop - coop and hoping to be able to put them in there here pretty soon (ducklings stink lol) Right now days are 70-80 and nights are around 40-50

My mixed flock is 9 chickens and 3 muscovies and now these ducks. I am hoping that my chickens wont pick on them like they did my smallest muscovy. I am hoping since runners are taller and look larger, the chickens will not be bullies (muscovies are very passive, but also dont like to be handled at all lol)

Everyone thanks for all the help!

Update Time! I am very very curious to see how the one with the dark feathers turn out. They are also starting to get the pin feathers on their tails. I am thinking they are approximately 2.5 weeks old. Growing like weeds!

And they will now devour frozen vegetables out of our hands. They still do not like to be handled or anything, but they love love love peas

Here they are

I am not sure what that black feathered one is, I am thinking it is not a runner tho. They did have a blast in the grass with a small bowl of water to splash around in. They did not really forage well, but they are extremely skittish still. I might throw them some worms?

Back
Top Bottom