New eggs!

OMG, I got newer eggs then the new ones. My tiny bantam laid her first eggs and there were 2 of them. My first eggs ever of any of my chickens and it wasn't even the one I expected them from. Well now there are 2 additions in the incubator
wee.gif

I see a dark mass in the 4 of the 6 bigger eggs, can't see a think in the 2 marans due to the dark shell. So yay, they look like they are doing their thing
smile.png

Looks like no one is home in my 2 bantam eggs, but the 6 big eggs are doing well. I can't see a thing in the maran eggs, because of the dark shell, but the 2 wyandotte and 2 amaricauna eggs are doing great. Very strong movement in 3 of them and 1 guy who must have still been sleepy, but he wiggled a little bit. The wyandottes seem a bit smaller then the americaunas, but both look like they are developing correctly. Yay so excited, they are due to hatch on my birthday.

Sooo excited, I am removing the turner this evening after work. I candled with light colored ones and there was movement in all 4 of them. I don't have a light strong enough to see what's going on with the 2 marans, but I'm going to assume they are doing well also.
wee.gif

I removed the turner yesterday. I dreamed last night over and over that they began hatching, so I finally got up at 6am to check on them, even though it's sunday and I didn't have to get up early. Of course no cracked shells, but the temp had dropped a bit, but they are sitting lower now without the turner, humidity was right on though. So excited, it's probably been 10 years that I hatched anything. Too bad it's probably not going to be until tomorrow or the day after.

Argh the wait is killing me. Nothing yet, no chirps, no pips, no movement, no sign of life, I hope these guys are just resting up for their big day and are alive in there.

Argh, I feel like I am going to lose my mind. No wiggle, no chirp, no pip, nothing at all. It's day 20, but I was so hoping that I would at least get a sign of something going on in there. :/

Back
Top Bottom