New excited member! In search of good advice and tips

Feb 6, 2023
A magical land in Northern IL
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Hello, I am new to the chicken world. I recently just purchased 10 chicks. 5 cinnamon queens and 5 Easter eggers. I am thinking about adding 5 more of the speckled sussex. They have not arrived yet, they will be here march 31st
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I do not have any chickens as of now. I am new to this fun world
(3) What breeds do you have?
I will have cinnamon queen, Easter egger, and speckled Sussex
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The rewarding feeling of knowing these animals love you and are here to feed your family and just overall be a apart of the experience
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am 27 soon to be 28 and i am a stay at home mom of 4 girls and a wife of a disabled veteran. We have a male blue heeler and a female blue heeler and We have 2 male cats. I homeschool and hold down the fort everyday and I am looking for new things to help me transition to a more self sustainable lifestyle. I recently taught myself while I was pregnant to crochet and knit. I have learned to make blankets. I have been gardening for 8 years now. We live in northern Illinois area so it would be great to find people within my area to learn from I believe we are zone 5

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have been doing a ton of research and everyone keeps referring to the back yard chickens so I thought this must be a great community to learn from. I am excited to learn more about chickens and how to raise them and make them a part of our happy family.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Hello, I am new to the chicken world. I recently just purchased 10 chicks. 5 cinnamon queens and 5 Easter eggers. I am thinking about adding 5 more of the speckled sussex. They have not arrived yet, they will be here march 31st
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I do not have any chickens as of now. I am new to this fun world
(3) What breeds do you have?
I will have cinnamon queen, Easter egger, and speckled Sussex
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
The rewarding feeling of knowing these animals love you and are here to feed your family and just overall be a apart of the experience
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am 27 soon to be 28 and i am a stay at home mom of 4 girls and a wife of a disabled veteran. We have a male blue heeler and a female blue heeler and We have 2 male cats. I homeschool and hold down the fort everyday and I am looking for new things to help me transition to a more self sustainable lifestyle. I recently taught myself while I was pregnant to crochet and knit. I have learned to make blankets. I have been gardening for 8 years now.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I have been doing a ton of research and everyone keeps referring to the back yard chickens so I thought this must be a great community to learn from. I am excited to learn more about chickens and how to raise them and make them a part of our happy family.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom